Автор: Roger Barnard, Ellen Kisslinger
Название: Good News, Bad News: New Stories for Listening and Discussion (Student's Book & Audio CD, Teacher's Book)
Издательство: Oxford University Press
Серия: Good News, Bad News
Год выпуска: 1998
Формат: pdf, mp3
Bitrate audio: 192 kbps
Размер: 125,70 MB
ISBN: 978-0194348737, 978-0194350570
Для сайта: Bukvy.net
Good News, Bad News is a listening and discussion text designed around an entertaining collection of true stories about interesting characters and events. Based on actual news reports, the course is intended for adults and young adults at the pre-intermediate and intermediate levels. Each three-page unit features a series of task-based activities designed to guide students from general to detailed understanding of the news report and to provide meaningful fluency practice related to the story's theme.
• Short, focused units that can be completed in one class period
• Interesting, light-hearted listening passages based on actual stories from the news
• Vocabulary building exercises that introduce and practice new language
• A variety of communicative, task-based listening and speaking activities
• An optional "Extra Practice" section to consolidate new vocabulary
The Teacher's Book provides instructions for each activity, photocopiable resources, tapescripts, and answer keys. The audio CDs and cassettes present the stories with a variety of voices and accents.
About the Author
Roger Barnard is Professor in the Department of General Education at Tama Art University, Tokyo, where he teaches general English and content courses related to art and design.