The Value of a Dollar: Prices and Incomes in the United States: 1860-2009 By Scott Derks Publisher: Grey House Publishing; 4 edition 2009 690 Pages ISBN: 1592374034 PDF 11 MB
A century and a half of America's consumer economy in one easy-to-use volume.
This fourth edition of the highly successful The Value of a Dollar records the actual prices of thousands of items that consumers purchased from the Civil War to the present, along with facts about investment options and income opportunities.
Each Five-Year Chapter includes:
* Historical Snapshot - A chronology of key economic and historic events from each year.
* Consumer Expenditures - A report on per capita consumer prices nationwide to serve as a benchmark for specific wage and price information.
* Investments - A selection of investment returns compiled from Federal Reserve reports, including a diversified portfolio of common stocks monitored annually with splits and dividends noted.
* Selected Income - A section of jobs listed in the want ads of major newspapers and reported in the language of the ad.
* Income/Standard Jobs - A selection of national average wages paid for representative jobs traced annually and based primarily on reports compiled by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
* Food Basket - A regional report of food pricing compiled from reports by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
* Selected Prices - A section of priced items selected from advertisements of the period.
* Standard Prices - A selection of representative items tracked annually, allowing the user to trace price fluctuations.
* Miscellany - A selection of anecdotal prices and income reports from publications of the period.
* Trends - Charts and narrative showcasing how the price of certain items changed over time, compared with the change in the value of a dollar.
A new chapter covering 2005-2009 has been added to this fourth edition. In addition, this edition also contains expanded data on Pricing Trends. This informative section provides added detail on the reasons prices changed within the time period, including industry developments, changes in consumer attitudes and important historical facts. Plus, new Conversion Charts in each chapter allow for easy comparisons between the dollar of the time to today’s dollar.
The Value of a Dollar is for both the student engaged in historical research and the user who simply wants to know what life was like during the time of his or her ancestors.
Perfect for anyone curious about social history: students studying the topics that require knowledge about everyday life in America; teachers who seek information to enliven classroom discussions; writers who need access to the basic facts of America's commerce; business historians seeking data to establish a framework of wage and price information during a specific period; and reporters seeking to enhance a story with economic details.
This interesting and useful publication will be widely used in any reference collection.
PHP 5 E-commerce Development скачать
Название: PHP 5 E-commerce Development Автор: Michael Peacock Издательство: Packt Publishing ISBN: 184719964X Год: 2010 Количество страниц: 356 Формат: PDF Размер: 3.1 Мб Язык: Английский The popularity of online shopping has increased dramatically
Alfresco 3 Records Management скачать
Автор: Dick Weisinger Название: Alfresco 3 Records Management Издательство: Packt Publishing Язык: English Год: 2011 Формат: pdf Размер: 14,3Mb Для сайта: Bukvy.net Book Description The Alfresco Records Management feature set is so complete that
Access 2007 Data Analysis (with source code) скачать
Название: Access 2007 Data Analysis (with source code) Автор: Michael Alexander Издательство: Wiley Publishing, Inc. ISBN: 978-0-470-10485-9 Год: 2007 Количество страниц: 550 Формат: PDF Размер: 9.36 Мб Язык: English Chart a course for more
Statistics Essentials For Dummies скачать
Автор: Deborah Rumsey Название: Statistics For Dummies (Статистика для "чайников"), Statistics Essentials For Dummies (Основы статистики для "чайников") Издательство: For Dummies Год: 2003, 2010 ISBN: 0764554239, 0470618396 Страниц: 356, 195 Язык:
Caesar and Christ (The Story of Civilization III) скачать
Автор: Will Durant Название: Caesar and Christ Издательство: Simon & Schuster Год: December 25, 1980 Формат: pdf Размер: 2.9 mb Язык: English Количество страниц: 900 pages ISBN-10: 0671115006 Для сайта: Bukvy.net "Caesar and Christ" is the third
Trace Fossils: Concepts, Problems, Prospects скачать
Название: Trace Fossils: Concepts, Problems, Prospects Автор: William Miller III Издательство: Elsevier Science Год: April 9, 2007 ISBN: 0444529497 / 978-0444529497 Страниц: 632 Язык: English Формат: pdf Размер: 93 Mb This book serves as an