: Oracle 11g Streams Implementers GuideАвтор
: Ann L. R. McKinnell, Eric YenИздательство
: Packt PublishingISBN
: 2010Количество страниц
: 5.5 МбЯзык
The book does not attempt to regurgitate all the information in the Oracle Streams Administration Guides, but rather provides additional clarification and explanation of design, implementation, and troubleshooting concepts that are often elusive in Streams documentation. It also identifies helpful tools and Oracle resources to add to your knowledge base, as well as tried and tested tricks and tips to help you tame Oracle Streams.
The book starts by introducing and explaining the components of Oracle Streams and how they work together. It then moves on logically, helping you to determine your distributed environment requirements and design your Streams implementation to meet those requirements. Once these concepts are discussed, the book moves to configuration and basic implementation examples to help solidify those concepts. It then addresses advanced features such as tags, down-stream capture, and conflict resolution. You then move on to maintenance techniques such as documenting the environment, effectively planning and implementing changes to the environment, and monitoring and troubleshooting the environment. When you have studied the techniques and completed the hands-on examples, you will have an understanding of Oracle Streams’ core concepts and functionally that will allow you to successfully design, implement, and maintain an Oracle Streamed environment.
What you will learn from this book
* Clear, concise explanations of Oracle Streams components and concepts
* Up-front design considerations and techniques – know what you need BEFORE you start building
* Configure both Source and Target databases to support Streams capture, propagation, and apply processes
* Set up a Single-Source Configuration using the Enterprise manager DB Console to divert flow in one direction and apply its concepts to a multi-master, or N-Way Replication environment configuration
* Solidify your Streams concepts through basic implementation examples that can then be applied to more complicated systems
* Learn about popular advanced features of Oracle Streams including Subsetting, Tags, Rules, and Rule based transformations
* Discover effective and efficient troubleshooting techniques and tools