Автор: Alex Davies
Название: High Availability MySQL Cookbook
Издательство: Packt Publishing
Размер: 3.3 Мб
MySQL, an open source relational database management system (RDBMS), can be made highly available to protect from corruption, hardware failure, software crashes, and user error. Running a MySQL setup is quite simple. Things start getting complex when you start thinking about the best way to provide redundancy. There are a large number of techniques available to add ‘redundancy’ and ‘high availability’ to MySQL, but most are both poorly understood and documented.
This book will provide you with recipes showing how to design, implement, and manage a MySQL Cluster and achieve high availability using MySQL replication, block level replication, shared storage, and the open source Global File System (GFS).
A cookbook containing recipes for all the common high availability techniques for database administrators to tackle real-world challenges to achieve high availability using MySQL
Over 60 simple but incredibly effective recipes focusing on different methods of achieving high availability for MySQL database
* Analyze and learn different high availability options, including clustering and replication solutions within MySQL
* Improve uptime of your MySQL databases with simple recipes showing powerful high availability techniques for MySQL
* Tune your MySQL database for optimal performance.
* The only complete, practical, book of MySQL high availability techniques and tools on the market
* Part of Packt’s Cookbook series: Each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
What you will learn from this book
* Configure a MySQL Cluster for scaling out MySQL
* Learn the technique of taking online backups and recovery
* Achieve high availability with MySQL Replication and various tools such as the open source Multi-Master Replication Manager (MMM) and Flipper projects
* Configure a MySQL replication design to replicate data from one MySQL database server to one or more other MySQL database servers
* Master the safety tricks of replication to prevent replication failure
* Configure a MySQL service to work using a shared storage device to achieve high availability, with and without a clustered filesystem
* Learn to use the open source Global File System (GFS) to have the same file system on more than one node
* Achieve high availability using block level replication with Distributed Replicated Block Device (DRBD)
* Improve your system’s performance with the technique of performance tuning