Автор: Gail Rahn Frederick with Rajesh Lal
Название: Beginning Smartphone Web Development
Размер: 6.17 MB
Кол-во стр.: 366
Для сайта: bukvy.net
Today’s Web 2.0 applications (think Facebook and Twitter) go far beyond the confines of the desktop and are widely used on mobile devices. The mobile Web has become incredibly popular given the success of the iPhone and BlackBerry, the importance of Windows Mobile, and the emergence of Palm Pre (and its webOS platform). At Apress, we are fortunate to have Gail Frederick of the well-known training site Learn the Mobile Web offer her expert advice in Beginning Smartphone Web Development. In this book, Gail teaches the web standards and fundamentals specific to smartphones and other feature-driven mobile phones and devices.
By the end of this book, you’ll have the training, tools, and techniques for creating robust mobile web experiences on any of these platforms for your favorite smartphone or other mobile device.
You’ll learn how to:
* Build interactive mobile web pages that comply with industry standards and best practices.
* Develop web sites using the markup languages of the mobile Web: XHTML-MP, Wireless CSS, and WML.
* Adapt the syntax and design of mobile web pages to target smartphone models.
* Enhance mobile web pages to target advanced features of smartphone browsers.
* Validate and compress mobile markup to optimize for network transmission and browser performance.
* Simulate smartphone browsers using emulators and development tools.