Автор: Sana Loue and Martha Sajatovic
Название: Encyclopedia of Women's Health
Размер: 9.57 MB
Для сайта: bukvy.net
Women's health is a multifaceted subject, and the up-to-date reference book requires considerable social awareness in addition to wide-ranging clinical knowledge. The Encyclopedia of Women's Health meets this challenge by bringing together an impressive array of experts on topics from reproductive issues to gastrointestinal illnesses. This skilfully edited volume, informed by current health issues and health-care realities, offers readers practical information, historical aspects, and future directions, all meticulously researched and conveniently presented.
Key features include:
- Accessible A-to-Z coverage, including AIDS, birth control, hormone replacement therapy, teen pregnancy, sexual harassment, violence, body image, access to health care and more.
- Entries spanning the medical, psychological, sociocultural, spiritual, and legal arenas.
- Medical topics explored from both conventional and complementary perspectives.
- Cross-cultural data illustrate issues as they apply to minority women, rural women, the elderly, and other underserved populations.
- Special chapters on disparities in women's health and health care.
- Historical overview of women in health - as patients and as professionals.
- Suggested readings and resource lists.