Автор: John F. Kennedy
Название: Reproductive Endocrinology (Репродуктивная эндокринология)
Размер: 45,7 МБ (в архиве)
Для сайта: bukvy.net
архив содержит информацию для восстановления.
Thoroughly revised and now enhanced with color artwork, the new edition of this premier reference continues to offer the latest information on the diagnosis and management of reproductive endocrine disorders. National and international leaders from the field of reproductive endocrinology-including 30 new authors-equip you with coverage that encompasses the full spectrum of reproductive pathophysiology and disorders, from pregnancy and birth to reproductive aging. Full-color illustrations and new drawings provide a real-life depiction of basic cell structures and endocrine responses for a better understanding of the material, while new chapters explore the issues shaping today's practice. As an Expert Consult title, it includes convenient online access to the complete text of the book-fully searchable-along with all of the images, and references linked to Medline at www.expertconsult.com.
* Covers the full spectrum of reproductive pathophysiology and disorders, from pregnancy and birth to reproductive aging.
* Includes the work of leaders in the field of reproductive endocrinology for guidance you can trust.
* Features anytime, anywhere online access to the complete text of the book-fully searchable-as well as all of the images, and references linked to Medline.
* Offers new content on preservation of fertility, endocrine disturbances affecting reproduction, imaging technologies, and adolescent reproductive endocrinology that explore the issues shaping today's practice.
* Includes full-color illustrations and new drawings which provide a real-life depiction of anatomy and cell function and dysfunction for a greater understanding.
* Provides a list of suggested readings at the end of each chapter for further reference.
* Presents fresh insights into today's field and future advances, as well as a greater international perspective.
The year 2008 marked the 30th anniversary of the clinical success of in vitro fertilization
and embryo transfer, a technology that has revolutionized the treatment of infertility. This
landmark event came about through the marriage of reproductive biology, endocrinology, and
gynecology, in what was at the time a new model of translational science. Today, the field of
reproductive endocrinology continues to be broad-based with contributions from the fields
of developmental and reproductive biology, neuroscience, genetics and genomics, endocrinology,
gynecology, obstetrics, andrology, pediatrics, pathology and laboratory medicine, and
diagnostic imaging, among others. The multiple disciplines and their respective perspectives
have brought forth what can arguably be considered the greatest medical advance in the past
century: the capacity of humans to master the process of reproduction. The 6th edition of Yen
and Jaffe’s Reproductive Endocrinology has been expanded to reflect the position of our field as
the nexus of basic and clinical research, and as a source of innovation that shapes the scientific
foundations of physiology and medicine. The editors thank the chapter authors, both old
and new, for delivering the insightful synthesis of their topics. In many instances, advances
in research and clinical practice have resulted in substantial changes in scope and direction
that necessitated critical appraisal of information offered in the 5th edition.
Since the previous edition of this text, we lost Samuel S. C. Yen, one of the founders of
contemporary reproductive endocrinology and one half of the brilliant team that birthed
this text. As noted in the remembrance, his legacy is profound, and the editors once again
acknowledge his transformative influence on the field.